Facial and body scrubs can make us spend a large amount of money, and are often full of laboratory or chemical ingredients that can harm us instead of helping us. Homemade scrubs are easy to make and can save you a lot of money. Here are four easy exfoliating recipes for you to try at home.
Exfoliation is a very important in any skin care regimen. Not only does it remove dead skin cells, it also reduces the oil on your face and clears dirt from your pores, which can cause acne breakouts. As with any other exfoliating treatment, these should be used two or three times a week, not every day. And keep in mind that when it comes to a new skin care product (or in this case, the recipe), you first have a test before applying it completely and going to sleep.
Coffee scrub (invigorating)
Image: Sohadiszno / Getty Images
Coffee is another fantastic natural exfoliant. It contains caffeic acid, which has anti-inflammatory effects and can increase collagen production. In addition, coffee stimulates our body in the morning, it can serve as a skin stimulant as well.
• 1 tablespoon ground coffee
• 1 tablespoon of water or olive oil
• To make the weed, mix 1 tablespoon of ground coffee with 1 tablespoon of water or olive oil.
• If you use olive oil, skip the application of a moisturizer afterwards, since the olive oil leaves the skin super hydrated.
Sodium bicarbonate scrub (Cleanser)
Image: Geo-Grafika / Getty Images
The broad use of baking soda seems to be growing. Now we will use it as an exfoliant for the face. The baking soda grains are of a suitable size to act as a gentle exfoliant, and many say that it has helped them to eliminate acne.
• Sodium bicarbonate
• Face cleaner
• Mix baking soda with your facial cleanser to make it an exfoliating cleanser.
• Optional you can make a paste of sodium bicarbonate alone and water.
• Rub gently on the skin and leave on for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing.
Sugar scrub (nourishing)
Image: fatihhoca / Getty Images
Granulated sugar is another wonderful natural exfoliant. Mixed with honey, which contains a powerful antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, and a little lemon to lighten, you will get a wonderful, nutritious and effective face wash.
• 1/2 teaspoon. honey
• 1 teaspoon of raw sugar
• Fresh lemon juice
• Combine 1 teaspoon of sugar with 1/2 teaspoon of honey and a few drops of fresh lemon juice.
• Mix the ingredients well.
• If the mixture is a little loose, add a little more sugar.
Oatmeal scrub (soothing)
Image: Minadezhda / Getty Images
Oatmeal not only serves as a wonderful exfoliant, it also absorbs and removes dirt and impurities leaving the skin nourished and hydrated. It also serves for many other things, from curing acne, to sunburn. Given its nature, it is also ideal for people with sensitive skin.
• 1 tablespoon of oats
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of water or pasta
• Combine oats with salt, which increases the exfoliating properties.
• 1 teaspoon of water or olive oil to make a paste.
• Carefully rub in the skin with circular movements, let it sit for five to 10 minutes and rinse.